Saturday, May 8, 2010

Poor Casey

Poor Casey (on American Idol). He didn’t stand a chance last week. I liked the clowning around combined with good advice that Harry Connick, Jr., gave the contestants, but when it came to Casey, Harry screwed up.

What the heck happened? Casey hit it out of the park at rehearsal an hour before show time, then dropped the ball when Idol went live. Well, here’s exactly what happened: Just before Casey went on, Harry wagged his finger in Casey’s face and said, looking into his eyes to hold his attention, “Don’t blow it!” Ooops.

Casey was already stressing (only natural) about performing. This made him more susceptible on a subconscious level, and the subconscious mind can’t process a negative. It turns every negative into a positive, so what it heard was, “… blow it!” The subconscious simply accepts suggestions, and then influences our attitude and behavior. Harry’s comment, though well intentioned, “programmed” Casey to mess up. And he did.

Wish I could get the word to him, “It wasn’t your fault.” Because I like Casey. (What’s not to like? Sigh…) But all I can do is to be grateful he wasn’t voted off the island (Oh, sorry, wrong show), and look forward to seeing/hearing/enjoying him next week. I don’t think he can pull off the number one spot at the end of the season, but every week he’s on is another week to ogle him, even though I’m putting my money on Crystal. Someone for the guys to ogle.

1 comment:

  1. I see what you mean, the subconscious only heard "mess up"
    Great blog, I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete