Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day This Year

Mother's Day this year was my best ever! It was actually Mother's WEEKEND since my daughter and her family spent quality time with us on Saturday and both my sons came by today, (plus one daughter-in-law). Long distance surprises: My granddaughter in North Carolina sent an arrangement of choclate covered strawberries, and my grandson in Texas called and talked for 35 minutes.

I'm still smiling over my youngest granddaughter Evelyn (3-1/2) RUNNING through my door hell bent for leather, with her mom standing behind her saying, "Run! Run! Run!" Evelyn's enthusiasm made my heart soar and I echoed, with arms spread wide, "Yes, Baby, run, run, run!" anticipating one of her awesome hugs. In just seconds she dashed right past me to the bathroom and my daughter said, looking at my empty arms, "She had to pee."

My sons are both very attractive. Craig - think Clint Eastwood in his prime, just as handsome but with a better build. Chiseled jaw, no-nonsense demeanor, wry sense of humor demonstrated subtly. Jeff - think Josh Holloway (he plays Sawyer on "Lost") and truthfully Sawyer's the only reason I watch the damned show. Like Sawyer, Jeff is gorgeous, has his mysterious moods on occasion, but he oozes charm and when he smiles he lights up a room like a hallogen bulb.

Jennifer reminds me of me, only over the top. She's cuter, smarter, more creative, much better at math, and can actually operate electronic gadgets large and small. She can be sweeter than me, but she can also be bitchier. (I know she'll read this and I can already imagine the look and sound of disdain over that comment. Same reaction I would have, only more so. I rest my case.) Most importantly, she's an awesome mother, but then she had her entire life to prepare for the role, since I convinced her from birth that there is no job in the world more important, more challenging, or more rewarding than motherhood. Disregard any comment she may make in regard to this paragraph. She's pregnant, therefore hormonal, therfore not responsible for her emotions. :-)

When I leave this earth in the -- I hope distant -- future, I'll do so knowing full well the greatest contribution I've left behind has been my kids. I'm really crazy about them. Oh wait -- is that the same as "they drive me crazy?" LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment