Friday, July 2, 2010

What's New? I'm Jazzed! That's What!

What’s new, you ask?

Well, let me tell you! I am jazzed! Three reasons:

One reason: for days I’ve been slaving away at the computer (not my best friend, for starters), injecting into our weight management program a whole new slant on therapy that is based on brain imagery. Sophisticated medical scans have shown that when specific parts of the brain are either under or over active, for a variety of reasons, an identifiable pattern of attitude and behavior results-- interfering with efforts to lose weight. Accordingly, a series of specific correlating questions and answers can indicate how best to direct a client toward success. It has taken me days of no-blood but yes-sweat and tears, plus a few grouchy outbursts, to complete my project. I’m jazzed because IT’S DONE and because it is going to make weight management so much easier for our clients.

Another reason: I first heard about it on the Dr. Oz show and now I finally have one in my hot little hands. A Himalayan Salt Inhaler! I’ve never used an inhaler of any sort before. The closest I’ve come is using a snorkel tube in Hawaii, which I did not enjoy (breathing through the tube, that is. I did/do enjoy Hawaii.) Using this device recreates the benefit of speleotherapy, or salt cave therapy, which has been used for centuries to ease respiratory discomforts. I don’t actually have any of those (except for occasional dust-related sinus headaches), but I do have a THING for Tibet, and this salt is as close as I’m gonna get, much as I’d rather meet the Dalai Lama himself but what are the odds? I’m going to experiment to determine for myself if the moisture of air passing over the microscopic salt particles produces a therapeutic effect. If so, this is something I may end up recommending to our clients who use hypnotherapy to stop smoking!

Third reason: I admit I have a sorta odd business philosophy. I love helping people, and making money at it is secondary; so (if left unguarded by Frank) I’m generous to a fault. I guess it goes back to the “Give and ye shall receive” lesson from Bible study when I was, like, ten? But where I’m going with this is that I have found someone of like mind. He is giving me the opportunity to use TurboSonic treatments on an ongoing basis, asking in return only that I spread the word if/when I notice results. This machine purportedly provides a full body workout in ten minutes, equaling an hour of exercise. “Decades of Russian research and development indicate that regular use improves circulation, strength, energy, endurance, balance, coordination, flexibility, agility, and reduces body fat and fluid retention while toning tissue and increasing bone density.” Okay, okay, I was skeptical too, but also open minded and – so far -- I gotta admit I feel good! Really good! After only three go's at it. (I’m on top of the placebo effect possibility, so this isn’t me mentally kidding myself. There’s definitely something beneficial going on here, it’s just too soon to know what exactly. But I promise to keep you posted.)

Perfect timing, too, all this. Just when I was about to run out of interesting things to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment